Under Express Warranty the Lawnmower is warranted from the date of purchase against mechanical defects and faulty workmanship or material. Express Warranty covers only the replacement, repair or adjustment of parts which fail due to a fault in manufacture.
Defective parts will be replaced or serviced by an Authorised Service Centre without charge for labour or materials, subject to conditions. Repairs or adjustments required by normal use or by failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions are chargeable to the owner.
Authorised Service Centre are authorised to determine whether a claim will be covered under warranty, or payable by the owner on completion.
You should seek independent legal advice to determine whether a claim not covered by the Express Warranty is covered by any warranties implied by law.
- Express Warranty applies to the original purchaser only. Proof of purchase date must be provided prior to Express Warranty work.
- Use of parts other than genuine Spare Parts cancels the Express Warranty.
- Repairs other than by an Authorised Service Centre cancels the Express Warranty.
- Altering the product (including governed speed) cancels the Express Warranty..
- A lawnmower run with incorrect fuel, oil or oil level, is not covered by the Express Warranty.
- Failure to properly service cooling or air filtration systems cancels the Express Warranty.
- Failure to follow the instruction manual or labels attached cancels the Express Warranty.
- Fair and reasonable wear is not covered by the Express Warranty.
- Damage from an accident, misuse or neglect is not covered by the Express Warranty.
- Costs of transportation of the lawnmower are to be paid by the owner.
- Blades and spark plugs are not covered by the Express Warranty.
Limitations of Warranty
Nothing in these terms shall exclude, restrict or modify any term, condition, warranty or liability implied into this contract by statute, where to do so would be unlawful or would render any provision of this contract void. Subject to that, all warranties implied by statute in respect of the goods are hereby expressly negated and the manufacturer's liability for the goods is limited to any warranties issued in writing by manufacturer and manufacturer is excluded from any liability whether under this contract or otherwise to the buyer of any third party for any loss, injury, cost or damage (direct, indirect, special, consequential, or otherwise and whether or not arising from a negligent act or omission of the manufacturer), incurred or suffered by reason for the goods, their use, their design or any failure to deliver or delay in delivering them. Where it is legal to do so, any remaining liability implied by statute or resulting from breach of any term, condition or warranty implied by statute is limited to, at the manufacturer's sole option:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of having the cost of the goods repaired.
In particular, your rights and remedies under the Trade Practices Act (Aust) and the Consumer Guarantees Act (NZ) are not excluded.
The lifetime warranty on grass catchers being offered on models listed below shall apply only to those models purchased from 1st July 2015.
The lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects only and does not cover abuse, normal wear or cosmetic changes such as colour fading.
To claim your lifetime warranty you must retain your proof of purchase.
This warranty is available only to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
The defined term of our Lifetime Warranty is eighty years.
New Australian Warranty Laws
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If you have any question regarding these changes please contact Briggs & Stratton Australia Pty Limited on 1300 274 447 or Click Here to Contact Victa Customer Care.
This warranty operates in addition to your rights at law.