Lawnmowers, like any machine, have moving parts and equipment that need to be checked every so often to ensure maximise performance and durability.
A little bit of maintenance goes a long way.
Here's some tips to keep your Victa in great shape.
- After use, always clean your mower using the wash hole on the chassis.
- Store you mower under cover and keep debris off the wheels and corners.
- Always disconnect the spark plug when tipping your mower on its side. To avoid internal oil spillage in 4-stroke mowers, ensure the spark plug faces upwards.
- Change your blades once a year for maximum performance and reduced mowing time.
- For 4-stroke mowers, change the oil at least once year.
- 4-stroke mowers also need their oil levels checked before use and topped up if necessary as insufficient oil can lead to engine seizure.
- Conduct a full service on your mower after 50 hours of use or every two years - whichever comes first.
- Always use genuine spare parts to safeguard your warranty and to ensure safety standards and performance levels are optimised.
- We recommend that you change your air-filter once a year to avoid starting difficulties and engine problems.