The VICTA Express Warranty is additional to the conditions and warranties which are mandatorily implied by the laws and regulations of the individual States and Territories of Australia and the Trade Practices Act, 1974 (Aust) and the Consumer Guarantees Act in New Zealand and any non-excludable laws.
Fabricated Deck Warranty
Engine Warranty Policies
Victa Product Policy
The buyer should be aware that in relation to goods which are of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, certain provisions such as the Trade Practices Act, 1974 (Aust) and the Consumer Guarantees Act, 1993 (NZ) apply. The terms set out below do not exclude rights and remedies implied by a statute which are non-excludable and which may be more extensive than those provided by this warranty.
Warranty Service under both the Express Warranty and the warranties implied by law is available at any VICTA Authorised Service Centre. These centres are staffed and equipped to provide expert service.
Victa Express Warranty
Under Express Warranty the Lawnmower is warranted from the date of purchase against mechanical defects and faulty workmanship or material. Express Warranty covers only the replacement, repair or adjustment of parts which fail due to a fault in manufacture.
Defective parts will be replaced or serviced by an Authorised Service Centre without charge for labour or materials, subject to conditions. Repairs or adjustments required by normal use or by failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions are chargeable to the owner.
Authorised Service Centre are authorised to determine whether a claim will be covered under warranty, or payable by the owner on completion.
You should seek independent legal advice to determine whether a claim not covered by the Express Warranty is covered by any warranties implied by law.
- Express Warranty applies to the original purchaser only. Proof of purchase date must be provided prior to Express Warranty work.
- Use of parts other than genuine Spare Parts cancels the Express Warranty.
- Repairs other than by an Authorised Service Centre cancels the Express Warranty.
- Altering the product (including governed speed) cancels the Express Warranty.
- A lawnmower run with incorrect fuel, oil or oil level, is not covered by the Express Warranty.
- Failure to properly service cooling or air filtration systems cancels the Express Warranty.
- Failure to follow the instruction manual or labels attached cancels the Express Warranty.
- Fair and reasonable wear is not covered by the Express Warranty.
- Damage from an accident, misuse or neglect is not covered by the Express Warranty.
- Costs of transportation of the lawnmower are to be paid by the owner.
- Blades and spark plugs are not covered by the Express Warranty.
Limitations of Warranty
Nothing in these terms shall exclude, restrict or modify any term, condition, warranty or liability implied into this contract by statute, where to do so would be unlawful or would render any provision of this contract void. Subject to that, all warranties implied by statute in respect of the goods are hereby expressly negated and the manufacturer's liability for the goods is limited to any warranties issued in writing by manufacturer and manufacturer is excluded from any liability whether under this contract or otherwise to the buyer of any third party for any loss, injury, cost or damage (direct, indirect, special, consequential, or otherwise and whether or not arising from a negligent act or omission of the manufacturer), incurred or suffered by reason for the goods, their use, their design or any failure to deliver or delay in delivering them. Where it is legal to do so, any remaining liability implied by statute or resulting from breach of any term, condition or warranty implied by statute is limited to, at the manufacturer's sole option:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of having the cost of the goods repaired.
In particular, your rights and remedies under the Trade Practices Act (Aust) and the Consumer Guarantees Act (NZ) are not excluded.