Lawn Mower Maintenance Tips
How to Keep your Victa Mower in Great Shape
Lawn mowers, like any machine, have moving parts and equipment that need to be checked every so often to ensure maximize performance and durability. Ideally, lawn mower maintenance is performed throughout the mowing season and in preparation for the winter off season. Here's some lawn mower maintenance tips to keep your Victa in great shape:
Cleaning & Storing your Lawn Mower
- After use, always clean your lawn mower using the wash hole on the chassis, this helps with preventing rust and ensures that you extend the life of your mower.
- Store you mower under cover and keep debris off the wheels and corners.
Your Lawn Mower Engine's Spark Plug
- Always disconnect the spark plug when tipping your mower on its side. To avoid internal oil spillage in 4-stroke mowers, ensure the spark plug faces upwards to avoid dousing it in fuel. Ensure that the mower is drained or low on fuel and lawn mower oil to avoid spills. You may need to tip your mower to remove or replace blades which can be done during a lawn mower service.
Seasonal Lawn Mower Maintenance
- Change your blades once a year for maximum performance and reduced mowing time.
- For 4-stroke mowers, change the oil at least once year. Changing the oil involves draining the old oil, replacing the oil filter (this has to be done BEFORE you re-fill with new oil) and then re-filling with new oil, an essential part of lawn mower maintenance.
- 4-stroke mowers also need their oil levels checked before use and topped up if necessary as insufficient oil can lead to engine seizure.
Servicing your Lawn Mower
- Conduct a full service on your mower through a Victa Gold Dealer in accordance with your service booklet.
- A lawn mower service involves changing parts such as the oil, spark plug, air filter & blades etc whereas maintenance is where you check parts such as the oil level, clean the air filter check the blades and other minor checks.
- Check our service page for more information
Beyond Lawn Mower Maintenance: More Helpful Information
- Always use genuine spare parts to safeguard your warranty and to ensure safety standards and performance levels are optimised.
Find everything you need to service your lawn mower engine in your Briggs & Stratton engine with the new Engine Service Kits. Briggs & Stratton Engine Service Kits make basic lawn mower maintenance quick and easy with your new oil, spark plug, air filter and fresh start fuel preserver all in the one kit. These kits are available from Victa Gold Dealers and selected retailers. Once your lawn mower is tuned up, it's time to get back to manicuring that healthy yard.
Available from Victa Gold Dealers and selected retailers.